We are in the second trimester! Wow does time fly! Can’t believe we’ve only got 25 more weeks till we become a family of 4 (+Bruno, of course!)!!
So here’s some random info about this pregnancy, etc. so far…
- We will not be finding out the gender of the baby. We didn’t with Clark and it was so much fun/exciting! I’m not worried about not knowing what to buy for baby because we already have so much that we used for Clark (including plenty of gender neutral clothes for those first few weeks – hello plain white onsies!!).
- This baby won’t be getting a room designated as his/her “nursery”. As much as I would love to decorate another nursery like we did for Clark, we just don’t have the space or time/energy. Our house has 3 real bedrooms upstairs, with an extra “room” in the basement (with no closet and an unfinished ceiling). Right now, we are thinking that Clark will stay in his room and continue to sleep in his crib. Then we will get another crib for Baby #2 and put it in what is now the guest room upstairs. Hopefully, we can either keep the queen bed that’s in there now, or replace it with a full-sized or daybed, leaving enough sleeping options for when the grand
- There is a good chance that this baby will be delivered via C-section. Clark was a week late and because he was so big (weighing in at 9 lbs. 6 oz.), I had to deliver him via C-section. I labored for 14 hours (with an epidural…I wasn’t trying to be a hero), and he literally just didn’t fit. I dilated to almost a 7 and then started to “go backwards”. It was funny because he was SUCH a cone head for those first few days in the hospital. My doctors suspect that I will probably just always have big a$$ babies, and they think they will all result in C-sections. As of now, I’m not scheduling a C-section. I love my doctors and we will figure things out together as baby grows (and grows and grows).
- I have been feeling really great so far. I didn’t have a whole lot of nausea with this pregnancy. With Clark, I was horribly sick (especially weeks 7 – 9 while Bob and I were vacationing in Italy!). On Saturday, we were at a wedding reception for some friends and I got really sick there, but Bob thinks I was dehydrated or something. It was definitely a fluke because it was a one time thing and I’ve felt fine ever since. My only “woe” would be that I’m tired. Bob has given me a strict bedtime of 9:00pm, otherwise I fall asleep on the couch.
- We have a Pocket Fetal Doppler and it’s AWESOME!!! I had heard about home dopplers and told Bob how cool I thought it would be to have one. He found one for a good price on Amazon (the link is the one we have) and surprised me with it when I was about 9 weeks along. It took us a couple of weeks to find the heartbeat (I’d say I was about 11-12 weeks), but it’s so sweet to be able to listen to it now whenever I want.
I may not have a post with info every week, but I’d love to at least get a picture up. I never did that when I was pregnant with Clark, and I wish I would have.
That’s it for now. Any questions, ask them in the comments. Have a good weekend everyone!!!