After fixing the garden bed by the sidewalk, Bob and I needed to do something to the bed by the house. This is what that bed looked like before we started digging around:
Hot mess! Those hosta were placed all wrong and crowding each other. So we dug up the two we wanted to use in the bed by the sidewalk.
See the one on the left all up in the porch’s grill? We moved that one out too.
This is what it looks like all rearranged and mulched.
I’m hoping the hosta fills out that empty space. I’m still trying to figure out what to do with the tulip stems now that the petals have fallen off. Still have a lot of work to do, but it’s a great start!
Now, here are some photos of the big bed in the back. In it we have some herbs:
We moved the parsley and oregano back next to the rosemary because they are all perennial herbs. That’s what the bare spot is…we just haven’t laid the mulch yet to fill it.
We also have a big section full of perennials:
We even have a baby tomato plant growing:
But the whole bed looks like this:
We have a ton of work to do in here. We transplanted some of the plants from the front, but we haven’t put a whole lot of thought into it yet. Plus, we’d like to eventually do a little patio-laying/hardscaping in front of the deck. We are still planning that, though.
Speaking of baby, next up: Clark’s nursery.